APD Home > Background Screening
APD Background Screening
Prior to Employment, all applicants should complete the following requirements:
- Level 2 Background Screening (FBI and FDLE)- The Clearinghouse Results Website is used to initiate screenings, search approved Livescan vendors, check/print screening results, and maintain an employee roster.
- Local Criminal Records Check – The law allows for a check of local records with any law enforcement agency in the jurisdiction of the person being screened resides. (Local Sheriff’s Office or Clerk of Courts)
- APD Affidavit of Good Moral Character – All personnel must complete and have notarized before employment. Affidavit from other Agencies will not be accepted. (See requirements for CDC+ AGMC form)
- Employment History Checks – Covering 2 year period preceding position they are applying for. All periods of unemployment should be explained. Verification is required.
Provider Clearinghouse (CLH)
APD has joined an online statewide background screening system, "The Clearinghouse." The purpose of the Clearinghouse is to provide a single source for background screening results for persons screened for employment or licensure who would provide services to children, the elderly and people with disabilities. It’s a new and more convenient way for APD providers to conduct background screenings on prospective employees.
APD providers are now able to use the Clearinghouse for their background screening requests, as of May 25, 2015. This applies to the following types of providers:
- APD Providers
- APD Medicaid Waiver Providers
- APD Developmental Disability Centers
- APD Consumer-Directed Care Plus (CDC+) Consumers/Representatives
Providers must regsiter with the system before they can make background screening requests. To register, please visit the Instructions to Register page. More details can be found in the User Registration Guide for APD and Medicaid Providers posted below. Preregistration is free of charge. Consumer-Directed Care Plus (CDC+) participants can find more information specific to them on the CDC+ page. Once registered, providers can use the link below to access the system.
Clearinghouse Login: Single Sign-On Portal
If you are required a background screening for
Medicaid Enrollment or Renewal of Medicaid Agreement:
- First- Log in the Clearinghouse, enter through access to “Florida Medicaid”, initiate screening and complete background check to determine eligibility status for “Medicaid Provider Enrollment”, submit results in accordance to AHCA instructions. (View Example of Clearinghouse Profile Page with Eligibility Results for Medicaid)
Once background screening results are complete for Medicaid, proceed with the following:
- Second- Log in the Clearinghouse, enter through access to “Department of Children & Families”, search and pull up profile page, click on “Initiate Agency Review” to determine eligibility status for “APD General”, submit results in accordance to APD instructions. (View Example of Clearinghouse Profile Page with Eligibility Results for APD)
Clearinghouse Training and User Guides
MEDICAID - Waiver Provider (MW) Enrollment Screening & Rescreening
APD - Provider Employee Screening and Rescreening
In addition, training videos are available to assist new users on how to navigate and retrieve information from the Clearinghouse.
The Clearinghouse includes a list of live-scan vendors that allows users to make an appointment for fingerprinting online. The following information must be presented at the time of screening:
- A valid picture ID - Required by the Florida Dept. of Law Enforcement (FDLE).
- Agency Identifier (ORI) number - A number assigned by FDLE.
- Live Scan OCA number - A number issued by DCF.
Please contact the nearest DCF office or call the helpdesk at 1 (888) 352-2842 to obtain an ORI or Live-Scan OCA number.Clearinghouse Help Desk
For questions or help on how to use the Clearinghouse website, please contact:
Department of Children and Families (DCF) Help Desk: 1-888-352-2842
Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) Help Desk: 1-800-289-7799 Opt. 4
APD Background Screening Clearinghouse Contacts
|Region||Regional Contact Information||Contact Name|
Consumer-Directed Care Plus (CDC+)
CDC+ consultants, participants, and representatives will have the opportunity to learn how to use the clearinghouse as part of onboard training and at support group meetings. Visit the CDC+ website to register for training and to check the schedules for updates.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please note background screening is just one part of the service application process. Visit APD's Provider Enrollment website for more information.
Clearinghouse Web Portal Questions (Coming soon)
Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) - Background Screening
Department of Children and Families (DCF) - Background Screening
Background Screening Clearinghouse - (AHCA) - Login Portal
393.0655 Florida Statute - Screening of direct service providers393.0657 Florida Statute- Persons not required to be refingerprinted or rescreened
408.809 Florida Statute - Background screening prohibited offenses
435.04 Florida Statute - Level 2 screening standards
110.027 Florida Statute Penalties