Providers > Background Screening
The new Florida Medicaid ORI (EAHCA013Z) will take effect March 1, 2015. This ORI requires retained prints and a photograph. The new cost of the screening is $ 62.75 plus any handling fees charged by the Livescan vendor submitting the screening for the provider.
Florida Legislature changed F.S. 409.907, which removed AHCA’s authority to accept APD's screenings completed within the previous 12 months. The Governor signed the law and it went into effect July 1, 2013. Any Medicaid provider (including Medicaid Waiver providers) enrolling or due for the 5 year rescreening, will need to be screened with the Florida Medicaid ORI code EAHCA013Z. This is for the Medicaid provider applicant only. All other employees of the provider will continue to be screened through the Department of Children & Families.
All Waiver Support Coordinators, as individually enrolled Treating Providers, must use the new AHCA ORI for both new applicant screenings and 5-year rescreening, regardless of whether they are a solo provider or working under an agency.
- Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) - Background Screening Link
- Affidavit of Good Moral Character
- Background Screenings and Exemptions
- Live Scan Background Screening Submission Form
- Background Screening Contacts By Region
Background Screening Information for CDC+ only
- Area ORI#s and OCA#s for the Consumer Directed Care Program
- Background Screening and CDC+ - Frequently asked Questions
- CDC+ Background Screening Process Information
Links and Information
Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) - Background Screening
Department of Children and Familes (DCF) Background Screening
Department of Children and Families Web Portal – To Obtain Your Screening Results Online
435.04 Florida Statute
393.0655 Florida Statute
393.0657 Florida Statute