APD > Applying for Services
Applying for Services
To apply for services from the Agency for Persons with Disabilities, which includes waiver participation or placement in an intermediate care facility for the developmentally disabled (ICF/DD), submit an application to the APD office that serves your area, either by mail or by hand delivery. Faxed submissions will be returned for an original signature.
I receive services in another state, but I would like to move to Florida. What do I need to know before I move?
To be eligible for services from the Agency for Persons with Disabilities, you must be a Florida resident and have one of the following six developmental disabilities: autism, cerebral palsy, intellectual disabilities, Down syndrome, Prader-Willi syndrome, spina bifida or children age 3-5 who are at a high risk of a developmental disability. Once you move to Florida, you can apply for services through one of the APD regional offices. Contact information for each office can be found by clicking on the map below.
After applying, and if you have been found eligible to receive services, you will be placed on a waiting list based on the date you were determined eligible. You and your family may want to consider the services that are being received now, and determine if you would be able to go without those services for an extended period of time after relocating to Florida.
If you feel you are Medicaid eligible, please contact the Florida Department of Children and Families at 1-866-762-2237.
If you are under the age of 21, you may qualify for services under the Medicaid State plan. Please contact the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration at 1-888-419-3456 for more information.
Locate your Region
- Northwest Region - Bay, Calhoun, Escambia, Franklin, Gadsden, Gulf, Holmes, Jackson, Jefferson, Leon, Liberty, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa, Wakulla, Walton, and Washington counties - Fields 1 and 2
- Northeast Region - Alachua, Baker, Bradford, Clay, Columbia, Dixie, Duval, Flagler, Gilchrist, Hamilton, Lafayette, Levy, Madison, Nassau, Putnam, St. Johns, Suwannee, Taylor, Union, and Volusia counties - Fields 3, 4, and 12
- Central Region - Brevard, Citrus, Hardee, Hernando, Highlands, Lake, Marion, Orange, Osceola, Polk, Seminole, and Sumter counties - Fields 7, 13, 14, and 15
- Suncoast Region - Charlotte, Collier, DeSoto, Glades, Hendry, Hillsborough, Lee, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas, and Sarasota counties - Suncoast Field (23) and Field 8
- Southeast Region - Broward, Indian River, Martin, Okeechobee, St. Lucie, and Palm Beach counties - Fields 9 and 10
- Southern Region - Dade and Monroe counties - Field 11