APD > Behavioral Services Resources
The materials listed here have been included as resources that we hope will be helpful as you plan, deliver and monitor services for individuals with special needs. This list will be updated on a regular basis and we expect, with your input and support, it will grow to be a significant and beneficial compendium of useful tools and resources.
News & Announcements
- The Arc of Florida and APD have partnered to provide free on-line training for behavior assistants and direct service staff in residential facilities to prepare for becoming a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT). The Registered Behavior Technician™ (RBT™) is a new credential created by the Behavior Analysis Certification Board (BACB) in 2012 to establish training standards for behavior technicians, the paraprofessionals who implement behavior plans directly with clients. Contact your local Area Behavior Analyst for details and access to this valuable 40 hour training.
- Recently we acquired training materials presented at the 2016 Annual Family Cafè and wanted to share them with you. The talk “Medical Causes of Maladaptive Behavior in ASD” was delivered by Vicki Martin, R.N. who is a Specialized Nurse Consultant from southeast Florida. The presentation was excellent and the presenter has a wealth of knowledge and experience having raised a daughter with autism. This is information that every behavior analyst should consider when completing a Functional Behavioral Assessment and analyzing the efficacy of treatment. Hope you enjoy the slides and handout.
Reactive Strategies: Seclusion and Restraint Rule
Promulgation of a seclusion and restraint rule (65G-8) was mandated by the Legislature in section 393.13(4)(h)2., Florida Statues, ("the agency shall adopt by rule standards and procedures relating to the use of restraint and seclusion"). The rule in its present form was adopted on August 7, 2008.
- Rule Chapter 65G-8: Reactive Strategies
- Agency Approved Curricula in "Behavorial Emergency Procedures" Training
- Slides for training on Rule Chapter 65G-8: Reactive Strategies
- Provider Reactive Strategy Report
- Frequently Asked Questions for 65G-8
[Behavioral] Service Delivery Practice and Procedure
Promulgation of a service delivery rule (65G-4) was mandated by the Legislature in section 393.13(4)(g)3., Florida Statues, (“The agency shall adopt by rule a system for the oversight of behavioral programs. The system shall establish guidelines and procedures governing the design, approval, implementation, and monitoring of all behavioral programs involving clients. The system shall ensure statewide and local review by committees of professionals certified as behavior analysts pursuant to s. 393.17. No behavioral program shall be implemented unless reviewed according to the rules established by the agency under this section.”) The rule in its present form was amended and adopted in April 4, 2012.
- Rule Chapter 65G-4: Service Delivery: Practice and Procedure
- Model Local Review Committee (LRC) Bylaws
Helpful Tools and Forms
Behavior Analysis Service Providers
- Behavior Analysis Daily Progress Note and Service Log - Optional Template
- Behavior Analysis Support Plan (BASP) - Optional Template
- Functional Behavioral Assessment (FBA) - Optional Template
- Monthly/Quarterly Progress Report - Optional Template
Behavior Assistant Service (BAS) Providers
- Behavior Assistant Supervision Log
- BAS Task List
- Training Guidelines for BAS Providers and Res Hab Direct Care
- BAS Curriculum Review Checklist
- BAS Curriculum Review Checklist Instructions
Individuals with a History of Sexual Aggression
- Guidelines for Service Individuals with a History of Sexual Aggression
- Safety Plan
- Link to NASDDDS Offender Treatment and Rehabilitation Resource Library
Books and Articles
- BF Skinner Foundation
Provides a free electronic copy of the book Science and Human Behavior
- PubMed Central (PMC)
This is the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) free digital archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature
- Applied Behavior Analysis textbook by Cooper, Heward and Heron
A comprehensive Text covering all areas of Applied Behavior Analysis
Helpful and interesting sites
An extensive list of resourceful and interesting websites providing valuable information