Background Screening > Clearinghouse Registration
Instructions to Register
Follow these steps to register for the new Clearinghouse portal for background screening:
- Click https://apps.ahca.myflorida.com/SingleSignOnPortal to open the AHCA Portal in your browser.
- Click on the link for ‘New User Registration.’
- Check the box for user Authorization and click the ‘Continue’ button.
- Fill out the information fields to create your account
- Important: The email address you enter on this page will be used for all future user account notifications and background screening notifications.
- Click the ‘Register’ button.
- Click the ‘Return to Login’ button on the next screen.
- Log in using the username and password you created.
All APD Providers (MW/Solo/Other)- Background Screening/Rescreening for owner, operator, administrator, employees, and volunteers
- Select ‘Department of Children and Families’ from the ‘Select program’ drop-down list and click ‘Request Program Access’
- Select ‘Provider’ from the ‘Role’ drop-down list.
- Select ‘APD General,’ ‘APD CDC,’ or ‘APD DDC’ from the ‘Provider type’ drop-down list (If you are not at a DDC facility or in the CDC+ program, select ‘APD General’)
- Begin typing the name of your company/organization
- Select it from the list when it appears (If your provider name does not appear in the list, submit an APD Letter of Intent to the APD regional office “intent” email inbox. If you are a current provider, indicate that on the form next to the date. Click here for the Letter of Intent and e-mail instructions.)
- Click on ‘Add Provider’ button
- Select box at the bottom of screen “Submit Request and Generate User Agreement”
- Print the agreement by clicking the ‘here’ link in the upper right corner of the window under your email address and user ID
- Have user and owner/administrator sign the agreement
- Submit a copy of signed agreement and driver license/Florida ID to the Department of Children and Families (DCF) in one of the following ways:
Scan and E-Mail To:
*If mailing, please retain a copy for personal record.
IMPORTANT – Once access has been approved, an e-mail notification will be sent to the address on file in the Clearinghouse.
You may begin using the Clearinghouse Results Portal to search for applicants, initiate screenings, and check eligibility determinations when you receive the registration approval email.