ADA Celebration Events
- July 24, 2015 - Tallahassee City Hall ADA 25th Anniversary.
- 9-11 a.m. Informational Displays - 2nd Floor City Hall
- 9 a.m. Marchers Gathering at Adams & Park Streets
- 9:30 a.m. Celebrate Independence March to City Hall
- 9:45 a.m. Cut Celebration Cake—2nd Floor City Hall
- 10 a.m. ADA Celebration Program with John Kemp, State and Local Dignitaries
- 11 a.m.- 1 p.m. Entertainment, Activities, and Lunch at Capital Courtyard
- Free Parking will be available at Kleman Plaza, just bring your parking ticket with you to City Hall to be validated. Level 5 in Kleman Plaza has the most parking spaces as well as many disabled parking spaces.
- 15 spaces on Park Ave. in front of the Federal Courthouse will be available if you have a disabled parking placard. These will be a combination of bagged meter spaces and Federal Law Enforcement parking spaces. A few spaces will be available under City Hall as well as a few spaces at the Capitol on the Jefferson Street side. Be sure to arrive early enough to find parking as these spots could go quickly.
- Shuttle pickup for those parking at Kleman Plaza will be available at the I-MAX near the corner of W. College Ave. and S. Duval Street. Shuttle pickup will run from 8:15 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. in the morning. The shuttle pickup location after the City Hall celebration will be located at S. Adams Street and E. Jefferson Street and will run from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. See the image below for a graphical map of the shuttle route.
- Tallahassee ADA 25th Anniversary Event Flyer
- Tallahassee Informational Exhibitors List
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Awareness Day in Florida
July 29, 2015 - Pensacola There is an Annual ADA Awards and Volunteer Recognition Luncheon & Lacey A. Collier Sensory Complex Tours from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm at the Escambia Westgate School in Pensacola.
For more information, individuals can call Danny Broxson at 850-595-5566 or email email@example.com.
- July 23, 2015 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM - Gainesville at the Alachua County Senior Recreation Center
5701 NW 34th Street
Alachua County Senior Recreation Center
Gainesville FL 32653
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. – The ADA Expo is to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Lots of community resources all in one place.
- Lunch will be served from noon to 1 p.m.
- July 22, 2015 - Daytona Beach ADA 25th Anniversary.
- Volusia County ADA Celebration Flyer
- 10:00 a.m. - Meet in the UCF building on the Daytona State College Campus for a video presentation of the history of the ADA, and how this legislation has shaped our lives.
- 11:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. - Gather in the clock tower quad in the courtyard of Daytona State College to hear speeches from a State Representative, an individual with a disability, and a local businessman or local government official. After the speeches, a release of twenty-five balloons in the courtyard will occur.
- 4:30 p.m. to 5:55 p.m. - Meet at the Volusia County Courthouse Annex steps (125 Orande Ave.) next to Jackie Robinson Ballpark on Radiology Associates Field on City Island. Converge upon the steps of the Court House Annex on Orange Avenue for speeches from a local attorney or judge, individual with a disability, and State Representative.
- 6:00 p.m. - March as a group to the Jackie Robinson Ball Park for the gate opening at 6:05 PM for ADA Night (Mr. James from Arc Volusia is purchasing 200 discounted ball game tickets, and Family Care Council 12 is planning a fundraiser to purchase food vouchers for 200 people).
- A contest to create posters depicting how the ADA has improved the lives of those with a disability will occur within the high schools of the Volusia County School District. Those posters will be displayed at the ball field on ADA Night. A State Representative, and local government official, will select three posters to be displayed throughout the year in public buildings (Court House, libraries, and city halls).
- July 24, 2015 - Open House Celebration
Space Coast Center for Independent Living
571 Haverty Court, Suite W, Rockeldge
- You're invited to join at the Open House Celebration of the 25th Anniversary of the ADA. The festivities will be held at the Space Coast CIL. There will be information and resources on the ADA as well as Bar-B-Que and beverages. There will also be a raffle and door prizes.
July 30, 2015 - CILO's 25th Anniversary and the 25th Anniversary of the ADA
6800 Forest Hill Boulevard
West Palm Beah FL
- CILO's 25th Anniversary and the 25th Anniversary of the ADA! Wear your island best and enjoy a Caribbean Barbeque and the music of Tito Puente, Jr. and the Royal DJ's.
July 10, 2015 - Gallery of Dreams Art Exhibition.
Rohde Building Lobby
401 NW 2nd Avenue
Miami, FL 33128
- 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.- We will be commemorating the 25th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act during our annual Gallery of Dreams Art Exhibition.
- Gallery of Dreams Program
- 10 a.m. Welcome by Evelyn Alvarez
- 10:10 a.m. Singing of the National Anthem-Alex Diaz-Cruz
- 10:15 a.m. Keynote speaker-Andrew Vargas from Trujillo, Vargas, Ortiz & Gonzalez, P.A.-History of the ADA
- 10:35 a.m. Presentation of the Proclamation-Rep. Levine
- 10:45 a.m. Recognition of the Artists-Kirk Ryon and Maria Angeles Linares
- 11 a.m. Wrap-up, thank you and opening of the Gallery of Dreams-Evelyn Alvarez
- VSA Florida Call for Artists - 25 Years of the ADA: Creating A Road to Access Presented by VSA Florida and the Alliance for Citizens with Disabilities Hillsborough County
- June 6, 2015 - My Home, Our World
Carrollwood Cultural Center
4537 Lowell Rd., Tampa FL
- 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. - My Home, Our World brings community awareness to arts education and cultural experiences for people with disabilities while sharing with the local community the wonderful work that is being done with children and adults in Florida and Nigeria with disabilities.
- June 8, 2015 - VSA Florida Batik Workshop
School of Art and Art History, USF Room FAH 281
- 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. - Learn about the traditional paper batik process from VSA arts of Nigeria, taught by executive director Moses Ogunleye and his staff visiting from Ibadon, Nigeria. Register online at: http://vsafl.org/vsa-florida-batik-workshop-usf.
- July 18, 2015 - Tampa ADA 25th Anniversary
Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI)
4801 East Fowler Avenue, Tampa, FL
- Disability Awareness Expo - Hands-on exhibits, awards ceremony, door prizes, refreshments and more!
- 9:30 a.m. - Sensory Friendly
- 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. - Open to the Public
- July 24, 2015 - ADA 25 Years Luncheon
Goodwill's International Training Center
2705 51st Ave. East Bradenton, FL 34203
- Free Luncheon to celebrate the Americans with Disabilities Act with special guests John T.R. Howell, Area 4 Director of Division of Vocational Rehabilitation and Myra Goldick, author of "Focused, Unstuck, and Back in Action on our Disabilities".