Providers >Waiver Provider Enrollment
Pursuant to the iBudget Waiver program, authorized under 1915 (c) of the Social Security Act, APD will operate two open enrollment periods each year for provider applicants of services furnished under the iBudget waiver. Effective immediately, Regional offices will accept provider applications during the following time periods:
- April 1 through May 31
- August 1 through September 30
APD Regional offices will offer enrollment outside the enrollment periods above when a critical need exists for a specific provider type by identifying critical service needs on the APD Provider Enrollment website. Please check Regional website for more information at: http://apdcares.org/region/
Steps for Applying as an APD iBudget Waiver Provider
- Provider applicants for iBudget Waiver Services must begin the application process by obtaining an Application Tracking Number (ATN) from Medicaid. This number is given electronically using the Medicaid Provider Enrollment Wizard. [The Wizard is located on the Medicaid Website at AHCA Website.] Using the ATN, the applicant must create an account in the AHCA Background Screening Clearinghouse. Live Scan background screening must be completed before submitting an application to APD. For more information, please visit http://apdcares.org/background-screening/.
- Once the Wizard generates an ATN, the applicant may exit the Wizard and return later to fully complete the Medicaid application. Ensure you use the same name and ATN number when returning to the Wizard. Medicaid will not process the application until it is submitted and the supporting documentation is uploaded.
- Using the ATN, the applicant must create an account in the AHCA Background Screening Clearinghouse. Background screening must be completed before submitting an application to APD. For more information, please visit http://apdcares.org/background-screening/.
- After completing background screening, providers may begin the APD iBudget Provider Enrollment application. The applications can be printed at the following links:
- Applicants must submit an iBudget Provider Enrollment applications to the local Regional Enrollment Specialist with proof of completed background screening and documentation of minimum qualifications. If APD deems the provider eligible to provide waiver services, APD will issue the provider applicants a draft version of the iBudget Provider Service Listing Letter. Note: Incomplete applications will be returned to the applicant.
- Upon receipt of the draft iBudget Provider Service Listing Letter, the provider must complete the Medicaid Provider Application in the Provider Enrollment Wizard. Please visit the AHCA Website to finish the Medicaid Provider Enrollment Application. Providers will submit the draft iBudget Provider Service Listing Letter as documentation to Medicaid that APD deemed them eligible to be a waiver provider. If approved, Medicaid will issue a Welcome Letter, which will include a Medicaid Provider ID.
- To finalize the application, applicants will provide a copy of their Welcome Letter from Medicaid to the Regional Enrollment Specialist at the local APD office.
- Providers may render services through the APD iBudget Waiver once they have entered into a signed Medicaid Waiver Services Agreement with APD.
Provider Enrollment Documents
- Provider Reference Form
- Affidavit of Good Moral Character
- Provider Expansion Request Form
- Regional iBudget Enrollment Application - Waiver Support Coordinator (WSC)
- Regional iBudget Provider Enrollment Application - Non WSC
- Provider Application Exhibit A
Links with relevant information for provider enrollment:
- Medicaid Provider General Handbook: In addition to the iBudget Waiver Handbook, providers are also subject to the requirements set forth in the Medicaid Provider General Handbook.
- www.sunbiz.org: All applicants who are operating business under a fictitious name or corporation must be registered with SunBiz.
- http://www.dms.myflorida.com: Florida State Vendor registration is optional, but required if you intend to provide services to APD’s non-waiver individuals.
- Developmental Disabilities Handbook : The Agency for Persons with Disabilities’ rule handbook.
- iBudget Waiver Handbook FAQ
- iBudget Waiver Handbook FAQ #2
- https://portal.flmmis.com/: Website to enroll as a Medicaid provider.