Providers >Waiver Provider Enrollment
Steps for Applying as an APD iBudget Waiver Provider
- Provider applicants for iBudget Waiver Services must begin the application process by obtaining an Application Tracking Number (ATN) from Medicaid. This number is given electronically using the Medicaid Provider Enrollment Wizard. [The Wizard is located on the Medicaid Website at AHCA Website.] Using the ATN, the applicant must create an account in the AHCA Background Screening Clearinghouse. Live Scan background screening must be completed before submitting an application to APD. For more information, please visit http://apdcares.org/background-screening/.
- Once the Wizard generates an ATN, the applicant may exit the Wizard and return later to fully complete the Medicaid application. Ensure you use the same name and ATN number when returning to the Wizard. Medicaid will not process the application until it is submitted and the supporting documentation is uploaded.
- Using the ATN, the applicant must create an account in the AHCA Background Screening Clearinghouse. Background screening must be completed before submitting an application to APD. For more information, please visit http://apdcares.org/background-screening/.
- After completing background screening, providers may begin the APD iBudget Provider Enrollment application. The applications can be printed at the following links:
- Applicants must submit an iBudget Provider Enrollment applications to the local Regional Enrollment Specialist with proof of completed background screening and documentation of minimum qualifications. If APD deems the provider eligible to provide waiver services, APD will issue the provider applicants a draft version of the iBudget Provider Service Listing Letter. Note: Incomplete applications will be returned to the applicant.
- Upon receipt of the draft iBudget Provider Service Listing Letter, the provider must complete the Medicaid Provider Application in the Provider Enrollment Wizard. Please visit the AHCA Website to finish the Medicaid Provider Enrollment Application. Providers will submit the draft iBudget Provider Service Listing Letter as documentation to Medicaid that APD deemed them eligible to be a waiver provider. If approved, Medicaid will issue a Welcome Letter, which will include a Medicaid Provider ID.
- To finalize the application, applicants will provide a copy of their Welcome Letter from Medicaid to the Regional Enrollment Specialist at the local APD office.
- Providers may render services through the APD iBudget Waiver once they have entered into a signed Medicaid Waiver Services Agreement with APD.
Provider Enrollment Documents
- Provider Reference Form
- Affidavit of Good Moral Character
- Provider Expansion Request Form
- Regional iBudget Enrollment Application - Waiver Support Coordinator (WSC)
- Regional iBudget Provider Enrollment Application - Non WSC
- Provider Application Exhibit A
Links with relevant information for provider enrollment:
- www.sunbiz.org: All applicants who are operating business under a fictitious name or corporation must be registered with SunBiz.
- http://www.dms.myflorida.com: Florida State Vendor registration is optional, but required if you intend to provide services to APD’s non-waiver individuals.
- Developmental Disabilities Handbook : The Agency for Persons with Disabilities’ rule handbook.
- https://portal.flmmis.com/: Website to enroll as a Medicaid provider.