Suncoast Region > Field 8
|QI Director:||Karen Hartlieb|
|Office Address:||2295 Victoria Avenue
P.O. Box 60085
Fort Myers, FL 33906
|Main Phone Number:||1-800-615-8720|
|Main Fax Number:||(239) 338-1355|
|Counties Served:||Charlotte, Collier, Glades, Hendry, and Lee|
Field News & Announcements
- Looking for Resources and Services? Check out the New APD Resource Directory.
- Apply for Services —To learn how to apply for services from APD, including the Medicaid Waiver program, for yourself or a family member, please visit our Apply for Services Section
The Agency for Persons with Disabilities (APD) is committed to full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Persons who desire accommodations should contact: Michael Taylor at email@example.com, (813) 233-4319. Please call at least 72 hours prior to the event to allow time to arrange your accommodations.
Area Training Information
APD Resource Directory
- Resource Search
A searchable directory of local, state, and national resources and services.
- Planning Resources
This directory is a good starting point for finding a variety of natural and community supports, in addition to services provided by government agencies.
Field Suggestion Box
Submit your suggestions to APD for improving supports and services in your community
Provider Recruiting Opportunities
Becoming a Provider is a free process.
Area 8 is currently recruiting providers for Family and Supported Living Waiver Services: Environmental Accessibility Adaptations and Assessment, and Supported Living Coaching.
Contact Ed Ruley, Provider Enrollment at the area office if you are interested in obtaining information about becoming a provider.
Area Steering Committee
Projects and Activities planned by the Steering Committee/Area Quality Leader
- Enhancing communication and networking between APD, Delmarva, Service Providers, Family Members and Self Advocates.
- Provide training and information for self-advocates, their family members/guardians on how to select, interview and hire providers who will provide the services best suited to the needs of the individual being served.
- Provide training opportunities for area providers to enhance the quality of the services they provide to reflect the choices and goals of the individuals they serve