APD Training Portal
Required Basic Training General Information
All direct care staff members of all providers must complete the following online courses:
- Requirements for all Waiver Providers
- Core Competencies Training: – Course ID No.: 1060050
- Development and Implementation of the Required Documentation of each Waiver Service
- HIPAA Basics– Course ID No.: 1058936
- Incident Reporting
- Medicaid Waiver Services Agreement & its Attachments: Coverage and Limitations Handbook and its Appendices
- Zero Tolerance Training – Course ID No.: 1058718
The courses with a course id number are available in TRAIN Florida. To view the course details and register for a course, click on the course name or course ID number.
You must have a TRAIN Florida learner account to register for a course. If you do not have an account, please contact your provider or send an email to the TRAIN Florida APD LMS Support.
- APD Area Offices schedule classroom training on the Required Training Calendar page. Click on the required button at the upper left and select the name of the course for which you want to register.
- If the course you need is not listed on the Provider Required Training Calendar, go to the list of APD-Approved Trainers of both Core Competency courses, as well as Zero Tolerance. The listings note the courses that each trainer is approved to teach. Some trainers may provide these courses free of charge and others may charge for their courses.