APD Training Portal
Required Basic Training General Information
All direct care staff members of all providers must complete the following online courses:
The courses with a Course ID Number are available in TRAIN Florida. To view the course details and register for a TRAIN Florida course, click on the course name, or course ID number.
- Requirements for all Waiver Providers - Click here
- Direct Care Core Competencies Training: – Course ID No.: 1060050 - Click here.
- HIPAA Basics– Course ID No.: 1058936 - Click here.
- Incident Reporting
- Zero Tolerance Training – Course ID No.: 1058718 - Click here.
- Please contact your employer provider, or use the category list to see how learner accounts are created. Thank you for your patience.
- APD Area Offices schedule classroom training on the Required Training Calendar page. Click on the Provider Calendar button at the upper left and select the name of the course for which you want to register.
- If the course you need is not listed on the Provider Required Training Calendar, go to the list of APD-Approved Trainers of both Core Competency courses, as well as Zero Tolerance. The listings note the courses that each trainer is approved to teach. Some trainers may provide these courses free of charge and others may charge for their courses.
You must have a TRAIN Florida learner account to register for a course. If you do not have an account, PLEASE DO NOT CREATE A TRAIN FLORIDA ACCOUNT