Provider Training > Required Basic Training
Required Basic Training General Information
The following courses must be completed by all direct care staff members of all providers :
- Choices and Rights of Individuals
- Core Competencies Training (both components: Intro to DD and Health & Safety) - Click here to download materials.
- Development and Implementation of the Required Documentation of each Waiver Service
- HIPAA Basics
- Incident Reporting
- Medicaid Waiver Services Agreement & its Attachments as well as Coverage and Limitations Handbook and its Appendices
- Zero Tolerance Training - Click here to download materials.
- Most of the courses above are available through APD Area Offices and are listed on the Required Training Calendar. Click on the Required button at upper left and select the name of the course for which you want to register.
- If the course you need is not listed on the Required provider training calendar, go to the list of APD Approved Trainers of both Core Competency courses, as well as Zero Tolerance. The listings note the courses that each trainer is approved to teach. Some trainers may provide these courses free of charge and others may charge for their classes.
- Core Competencies Training (both components: Intro to DD and Health & Safety) – Available through TCC and may be accessed via the Web Training page.
- Zero Tolerance Training– Available through TCC and may be accessed via the Web Training page.
- HIPAA Basics – Required by federal law, available free of charge from Attain, Inc..